Quick Start Guide
TaskCall serves tremendous utility in reducing downtime of your business and improving incident management. When you are first starting out some of the concepts may seem a little unfamiliar, but it is an incredibly user friendly platform that you will get used to in a matter of days. We have put together this Quick Start Guide to get you off the ground faster. Log on to the web application to follow through with the steps and you will be up and running soon.
Some of the instructions are linked to other pages. You can jump to the linked documentation and follow the instructions there to finish the step and return to this guide to continue with the remaining parts.
Step 1: Configure User Profile
You can skip this step if you want. All this has been taken care of when your account was registered. If you still want to change some of the configurations then follow through.
Step 2: Download Mobile App
TaskCall offers a mobile application for both iOS and Android. We predict that users mostly use the mobile application day to day. It makes it extremely easy to manage all your incidents from the tip of your hands. We highly recommend you downloading the mobile application and logging in with your credentials.
Step 3: Add Users
No organization account is complete without its members. You need to invite your colleagues to register themselves on to TaskCall.
Step 4: Setup On-Call Management
This is the core of the setup process. Please pay close attention to this step. The steps you will be performing here are central to TaskCall. Don't worry if you are not familiar with some of the terminology. Just follow through to the linked documentations. They should explain everything. You will have it all under control!
- Create an On-Call Routine
- Create an Escalation Policy and add the routine you created to it
- Create a Service and the add escalation policy you created above to it. This will allow incidents created on the service to trigger notifications to the on-call users associated to its routine.
If you want to add integrations to the service, you do that after you finish this Quick Start Guide by following the Service Integrations documentation.
Step 5: Create Your First Incident
Now you are ready to trigger your first incident and receive notification alerts.
- From the navigation bar, go to Incidents. Click on the New Incident button on the top right hand side.
- Give it a title, a description and set the urgency level.
- Set the incident to trigger on the service that you had created earlier. Make sure that you are the primary on-call in the escalation policy that is associated to the service. If you are not then the incident will not be assigned to you and you will not be receiving any notification. Alternatively, you can also add yourself as an additional assignee to the incident. That way the incident will be assigned to you regardless.
- Select the option to Trigger incident immediately. Then click the Create button up top.
- You will be directed back to the Incidents page where you will be able to see the incident you just created.
- By this time, you should start receiving email, push, SMS and voice call notifications for the incident based on your notification settings.
- You can acknowledge or resolve the incident from within these notifications (except for email) or take other actions from the web application. You can click on the incident to view more of its details that what is shown in the list. You can do the same from the mobile application.
Congratulations! You have successfully created your first incident. You should be ready to explore the rest of the platform on your own. Refer to more documentations or reach out to us directly if you need more help.
Moving to Paid Subscription
When you first register your TaskCall account you are not required to provide any payment information. If you are trial is about to end and you would like to move to a paid subscription you can easily do so by adding your payment details to your account and selecting the subscription you want to move to.
Only the Owner of the account has the permission to switch subscriptions.
- Go to Configurations > Organization.
- Scroll down to the middle. Go to the Payment Methods tab. Click Add Card and the details of your payment card. You cannot switch to a paid subscription without providing any payment details. Your payment card will not be charged immediately. All charges are processed according to the billing cycle.
- Once your payment card details have been processed correctly, go to the Subscription tab.
- Click the edit icon button next to your current subscription. Select the subscription plan you want to swtich to. Then click Update.
- Done! You would have been moved to your new subscription plan. You need to log out and log back into your account for the changes to be reflected.
You can move to a paid account at any point during your trial period. Confirming a paid subscription prior to your trial period ending does not remove the trial period. You will not be billed for any usage (except for Live Call Routing if you decide to use the feature) during your trial period.
If you do not switch to a paid subscription account by the end of your trial period, your account will be automatically moved to the Free plan. You can switch back to a paid plan later on when you are ready.